ALL 2020-2021 events will be done outside and have been redesigned to follow Covid-19 protocols!
Haunted Hayrides are now a Haunted Trail.
Participants will sign up for a time to walk the Haunted Trail loop (shorter than our normal hayride loops). We’ll maintain social distancing between families and prevent crowding on trailers and at the gathering area. Participants will also choose their pumpkin carving and range times.
A schedule will be provided for the following events:
- Pumpkin Carving
- BB & Archery
- Haunted Trail Loop
The Longhorn Council cares deeply about the health and safety of all Scouts and their families. Our 2020-2021 weekend events have been redesigned to incorporate the latest CDC, State, and BSA guidelines and make them as safe as possible during the covid-19 pandemic. The updated event plans make it possible for Scouts, adults, and families to have fun in the outdoors while safely following current social distancing and hygiene protocols.
Supper provided will be provided.
NEW Covid-19 Safety Procedures:
- The Haunted Hayride is now a Haunted Trail
- Masks are required at all times.
- Attendance has been limited as necessary to prevent crowding.
- Arrival, check-in, Pumpkin Carving, and Haunting start times will be spread out by appointment to avoid crowds.
- Archery and BB times by appointment.
- Public restrooms and portajons will be regularly sanitized throughout the day.
- Bounce houses have been retired until the pandemic is over.
- Activities with frequently touched items are redesigned for cleaning and sanitizing between uses. Example: BB guns will be sanitized for each Scout.
Arrivals: Everyone must report at the Ranger check-in station upon arrival and undergo temperature screening turn in the two required health screening question documents for every participant.
Covid-19 paperwork must be turned in for EACH PERSON on arrival at the Ranger Station:
- “Health Screening Questionnaire”
- “BSA Acknowledgement of Risk” form.
Check-In: Check-in begins at 8 am on Saturday.at the Buchanan Springs Activity Building (follow signs) at SR2.
Activities: 10:00 am to 4:30 p.m.
Supper: 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.. Meal pickup times will be assigned.
Haunted Trail: Starts at dark. Haunted walks are approximately 20 minutes in duration. Each group will be assigned a departure time. Please honor your assigned departure time. Trailer Hayrides will be available for ADA and medical requests. Please request in advance.
Chapel: a nondenominational socially distanced service at 9:00 a.m.
Departure: Everyone should police each campsite before leaving. Remember that a scout is clean and always leaves a campsite cleaner than when they found it. Trash must be packed out. Camp closes at 11:30, if you plan to stay longer, you must clear this with the staff and the Ranger.
Please download and complete these forms:
(Each will open in a new tab for you to download or print)
- October 17, 2020 - October 18, 2020
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM